Professional Competence Committee
The role of the Professional Competence Committee is to drive and promote professional competence developments within the college under the legislative framework of Part 11 of the Medical Practitioner’s Act (enacted May 2010). The committee has worked closely with the Medical Council to establish a professional competence scheme for psychiatrists in line with the requirements of the Act, and forms working groups when necessary to initiate and devise certain elements of PCS.
Professional Competence Committee – Structure & Members
Committee membership is organised to be representative of the college’s faculties and geographical regions. Committee members update their faculties and colleagues with relevant professional competence information. This communication is alongside regular email updates and newsletters to all PCS enrolees.
List of members and their faculty / area of interest / geographical area:
- Chair: Dr Lorcan Martin, Director of Professional Competence
- Academic Faculty: Dr Brian Hallahan
- Addictions Faculty: Dr Fiona Fenton
- Adult Psychiatry: Dr Eamonn Kenny
- CAP: Dr AnneMarie Waldron
- Forensic Psychiatry: Dr Lisa McLoughlin
- Learning Disability: Dr Ruth Garvey
- Liaison: Dr Noreen Bannan
- Medical Psychotherapy Faculty: Dr AnneMarie Waldron
- Social & Rehabilitation Psychiatry: Dr Ena Lavelle
- Old Age: Dr Mary Cosgrave
- Dublin East: Dr Raju Bangaru
- Midlands: Dr Ciaran Corcoran
- West: Dr Elizabeth Walsh
- North East: Dr Mutahir Gulzar
- Co-Opted for e-Learning: Dr Mugtaba Osman
We are very grateful to our Professional Competence Committee members for their commitment, regular attendance at meetings and contribution to this important and wide-ranging area which continues to develop under the regulation of the Medical Council.