This event has passed
EPA Psychiatry Congress
April 1, 2017 9:00 am
April 1, 2017 5:00 pm
EPA 2017 25th European Congress of Psychiatry
AUTOMATIC RECOGNITION OF SOME EVENTS FOR EXTERNAL CPD:
- External CPD credits approved by the medical training bodies in Ireland (Royal College of Surgeons, Royal College of Physicians, College of Anaesthetists, Irish College of General Practitioners) are automatically recognised by the College of Psychiatrists of Ireland. Ensure you receive a Certificate of Attendance stating the External CPD credits awarded. You do not need to apply to the CPsychI for CPD approval or a CPD certificate. External CPD credits can be claimed subject to the guidelines below.
- EACCME accredited meetings – if you receive a certificate of attendance which enumerates EACCME credits, you do not need to apply to the CPsychI for CPD approval or a CPD certificate. EACCME credits can be claimed as External CPD credits subject to the guidelines below.
- The following are some established psychiatric conferences / international meetings which are recognised by the CPsychI for external CPD, subject to the guidelines below. You do not need to apply to the CPsychI for approval or a CPD certificate for these meetings.
- American Psychiatric Association (APA) annual conferences
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) annual meetings
- British Association of Psychopharmacology (BAP) annual meetings
- European College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ECNP) annual conferences
- European Psychiatric Association (EPA) annual conferences
- European Society for Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (ESCAP) conferences
- International Psychogeriatric Association (IPA) conferences
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) meetings and conferences
- Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPsych) meetings, courses and conferences
- The Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health (ACAMH) meetings and conferences
- World Psychiatric Association (WPA) annual conferences
GUIDELINES FOR AUTOMATIC RECOGNITION OF CPD:
- A maximum of 6 External CPD credits may be claimed for each full day’s attendance at meetings /conferences / courses run by these organisations, regardless of the number of credits awarded by the organiser. 1 External credit per hour of learning activity. Further hours can be logged as Personal CPD credits.
- Certificates of attendance should be retained as evidence of participation.
- External CPD credits cannot be claimed for any sessions or satellite symposia with pharma sponsorship. Attendances at any such sessions can be claimed as personal CPD credits.
- External CPD activities should be related to the doctor’s scope of practice.
- It is recommended that doctors make a reflective note indicating the learning achieved, when logging CPD credits. Reflective notes can be made on the online CPD Diary (click the icon beside where the number of credits is entered) or as a physical note to be kept with CPD records.