Medical Student and Intern Essay Prize 2017
- December 12, 2016
- Category: Postgraduate Training
The College of Psychiatrists of Ireland is delighted to announce its annual Essay Competition which is now open to submissions from current Medical Students as well as, for the first time, those in their Intern Year. Please see below for entry guidelines:
Unwilling or Unable? A Discussion on Consent and Human Rights in Psychiatric Care”
Word Limit: 1,000 words
Deadline for entries: 5.00 p.m. on Friday, 20th January 2017
Runners Up Prizes: Free entry to the NCHD Conference (17th February 2017) and the Spring Conference (6th and 7th April 2017)
First Prize: All of the above, €200 and a commemorative medal
- Eligible students are invited to submit by email an original, unpublished essay of up to 1,000 words on the above title.
- Essays should be fully referenced and should be the candidate’s own work.
- Essay will be marked out of 100 points, as follows: Knowledge (50), Presentation and Communication Skills (20) and Originality (30).
- Entries will be judged by a panel appointed by the Trainee Committee of the College of Psychiatrists of Ireland.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding that decision.
Essays should be sent for the attention of Karen McCourt in the Postgraduate Training Department at email@example.com by the above stated deadline. The shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend the NCHD Conference on 17th February 2017 in The Hilton Hotel, Kilmainham, Dublin 8, where the winner will be announced.
Click here for more information.