Applications for the July 2020 intake to Higher Specialist Training in Psychiatry are now closed.
Please note that the application process has changed from previous years and applicants will apply online through the College of Psychiatrists of Ireland website.
“Streamlining Candidates” – individuals who are completing the College of Psychiatrists of Ireland BST programme in Psychiatry (i.e. those who have received a satisfactory outcome at their BST3 Annual Review of Progress and passed the College’s Clinical Exam) – will be asked to provide the following information at the time of application.
- A scanned / PDF of other degree/diplomas (if applicable).
- Two scanned / PDF references (with relevant hospital stamp) must be uploaded with your application
For further information on “Streamlined Training” please refer to the College’s Regulations – July 2020 for Basic and Higher Specialist Training.
Non-Streamlining Candidates – (please refer to the College’s Regulations – July 2020 for Basic and Higher Specialist Training on ‘Streamlined Training’), will be required to meet the eligibility criteria for entry to Higher Specialist Training.
- You must have successfully completed a formal Basic Specialist Training programme in Psychiatry and MRCPsych Examination or equivalent.
- You must be eligible for inclusion on the Trainee Specialist Division of the Medical Council’s register by July of the intake year and provide evidence of same at the time you apply
- You must have proof of competency in the English language in line with HSE Specifications.
List of Supporting Documents for Application
Non-Streamlining candidates must provide the following at the time of application:
- A scanned / PDF of Medical Council of Ireland Registration Certificate (if applicable)
- An email from the Medical Council of Ireland attesting eligibility for entry in the Trainee Specialist Division of the Medical Register (if applicable)
- A scanned / PDF of IELTS or OET Test Results (if applicable)
- A scanned / PDF transcript of exam results from your Medical School/University must be included
- A scanned / PDF of MRCPsych (or equivalent) Certificate must be included
- A scanned / PDF of CCBST Certificate must be included
- A scanned / PDF of other degree/diplomas (if applicable)
- Two Scanned / PDF references (with relevant hospital stamp) must be included
- A scanned colour copy of Passport Identification page (including picture) must be included
Further information on the application process to Higher Specialist Training programmes in Adult and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry for July 2021 will be available here later in the year.