Applications to the Basic Specialist Training programme in Psychiatry July 2021, will be accepted from Monday 2nd November – Thursday 3rd December 2020. Further guidance and application details will be available on Monday 2nd November 2020.
Please note that the application process has changed from previous years and applicants will apply online through the College of Psychiatrists of Ireland website.
Eligibility for Basic Specialist Training
- You must have completed your internship by July of the intake year (Our training programmes all commence on the second Monday of July each year)
- You must be eligible for inclusion on the Trainee Specialist Division of the Medical Council’s register by July of the intake year and provide evidence of same at the time you apply
- You must have proof of competency in the English language in line with HSE Specifications.
All applicants applying to Basic Specialist Training (BST) programmes in Ireland will be required to meet the eligibility criteria for BST and must provide the following at the time of application.
Further guidance for applying to BST in Psychiatry can be downloaded HERE
The BST Candidate Appraisal Form can be downloaded HERE
List of Supporting Documents for Application
- A scanned / PDF of Medical Council of Ireland Registration Certificate (if applicable)
- An email from the Medical Council of Ireland attesting eligibility for entry in the Trainee Specialist Division of the Medical Register (if applicable)
- A scanned / PDF of IELTS or OET test results (if applicable)
- A scanned / PDF transcript of exam results from your Medical School/University must be included.
- A scanned / PDF of other degree/diplomas (if applicable)
- Two scanned / PDF references (with relevant hospital stamp) must be included
- A scanned colour copy of Passport Identification page (including picture) must be included