The application process for the July 2020 intake to Basic Specialist Training in Psychiatry is now closed.
Please note that the application process has changed from previous years and applicants will apply online through the College of Psychiatrists of Ireland website.
Eligibility for Basic Specialist Training
All applicants applying to Basic Specialist Training (BST) programmes in Ireland will be required to meet the eligibility criteria for BST and must provide the following at the time of application.
- Certified copy of Medical Council of Ireland Registration Certificate, Trainee Division [if applicable]
- An email from the Medical Council of Ireland attesting eligibility for entry to the Trainee Specialist Division of the Medical Council of Ireland Register [if applicable]
- A certified copy of IELTS Result of OET test (English Language Proficiency) [if applicable]
- A certified copy of transcript of exam results from your Medical School/University – must be included
- Certified copy of other degree/diplomas [if applicable]
- 2 ‘BST Candidate Appraisal Forms’ (references) (with relevant hospital stamp) must be uploaded with your application.
- Other e.g. evidence of previous Accredited Medical Training experience.
- A certified colour copy of passport to include picture identification page.