UCD SVUH Deanery
The SVUH/UCD deanery includes St John of God Hospital, and offers speciality placements including National Forensic Service, Beaumont Hospital, and the National Drug Treatment service. Community psychiatry experience is offered in a variety of centres including St John of God Community Adult Services, St Vincent’s University Hospital, Wicklow Mental Health Services and Waterford and Wexford community services. Child and adolescent placements are available in a community setting and there are two inpatient posts available. Later life experience is available in both community and inpatient settings.
Training Centres / Sub-Specialities
- BST On-Call, Mental Health Tribunals,
- Psychotherapy including Dialectical Behaviour therapy.
- In-House Teaching,
- Case Conference,
- Journal Club,
- Balint Group
- Opportunities for formal teaching to undergraduate level
- Management & Clinical Audit Opportunities
- Research Opportunities
- Acute In-Patient care with specialist programmes such as eating disorders, addiction and DBT.
- Extensive programme of psychological therapies with opportunities for supervision.
- Experience in community delivered care including Out-Patient Clinics, Day Hospital, Day Centre, Hostels, Domiciliary Visits, Crisis Intervention, and Nursing Home visits.
- Liaison psychiatry experience with an opportunity to work in the National Gender Service.
- Intellectual disability experience in residential and community settings.
- Opportunity to work closely with the specialist early intervention in psychosis team and the newly established ADHD service.
There is an extensive programme of research in both adult and child psychiatry.