Basic Specialist Training (BST) Recruitment – Open
The application process for the July 2022 intake to Basic Specialist Training in Psychiatry is now open. The closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday 2nd December 2021 at 5pm. For BST recruitment related queries please contact email@example.com
Please note that the application process has changed from previous years and applicants will apply online through the College of Psychiatrists of Ireland website. POSTED PAPER COPIES OF APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
We strongly recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. In the event of your application being judged incomplete you will be notified, and you may address the problems and re-submit before the closing date at 5pm.
Candidates must be able to take up their position in July 2022. Deferral requests will not be accepted other than for statutory leave.
It is important that you read the Guidelines for Applicants July 2022 and have all accompanying documentation ready for upload with the application form before you commence completing your application.
Please download the application form, complete it, save it and submit it electronically. Please ensure you also upload any and all relevant accompanying documentation as required.
Information on the Basic Specialist Training Deaneries and affiliated training centres can be found HERE
Interviews for the BST Programme will take place in late January 2022.
Eligibility for Basic Specialist Training
- You must have completed your internship by July of the intake year (Our training programmes all commence on the second Monday of July each year)
- You must be eligible for inclusion on the Trainee Specialist Division of the Medical Council’s register by July of the intake year and provide evidence of same at the time you apply
- You must have proof of competency in the English language in line with HSE Specifications.
List of Supporting Documents for Application
- A scanned / PDF of Medical Council of Ireland Registration Certificate (if applicable)
- An email from the Medical Council of Ireland attesting eligibility for entry in the Trainee Specialist Division of the Medical Register (only applicable to candidates that are not currently registered with the Medical Council and have never previously held registration in the Trainee or General Divisions).
- A scanned / PDF of IELTS or OET test results (if applicable)
- A scanned / PDF transcript of exam results from your Medical School/University must be included.
- A scanned / PDF of other degree/diplomas (if applicable)
- Two scanned / PDF CPSYCHI BST appraisal forms (with relevant hospital stamp) must be included
- A scanned colour copy of Passport Identification page (including picture) must be included