Post CSCST Fellowships 2023
There remains an opportunity for services to develop Post CSCST Fellowships if funding can be secured locally for a SR salary at the top end of the scale for the duration of the Fellowship (usually 12 months).
Post-CSCST Fellowships within Ireland offer an alternative to trainees now that our own specialist clinical expertise and services have matured and developed. These Fellowships provide opportunities for those doctors who have completed specialist training in Ireland to access high-quality training in a specialised area of clinical care. They are designed for doctors who need to acquire additional training or experience which was not available on their Higher Specialist Training programme. The additional training provided exposes graduates of the Irish postgraduate training programmes to subspecialties and advanced clinical skills.
These 12 month posts offer:
- A structured educational experience designed to deliver the requirements of a particular subspecialty which are not readily available within HST
- A supervisor with authority and accountability for the fellowship post
- Opportunities for audit and research
- An enhanced salary
When CPsychI and HSE are approving a Post CSCST Fellowship the principal considerations will be:
- Quality of the fellowship proposed
- Identified unmet patient need
- Specialty and service priorities
- The potential benefits to the Irish health service and patients
- Fellowships which support the delivery of COVID services