Aspire Post CSCST Fellowships 2022 **Now Closed**
The Health Service Executive, in partnership with the Postgraduate Training Bodies, are establishing a number of Aspire Post CSCST Fellowships to commence in July 2022 in key areas of need within the Health Service.
The College of Psychiatrists of Ireland is now inviting applications from Consultant members for 5 funded Aspire Post CSCST Fellowship Awards to commence in July 2022
Queries on applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com
Deadline for submission of applications: Friday 22nd October 2021
Download the application form HERE
Post-CSCST Fellowships within Ireland offer an alternative to trainees now that our own specialist clinical expertise and services have matured and developed. These Fellowships provide opportunities for those doctors who have completed specialist training in Ireland to access high-quality training in a specialised area of clinical care. They are designed for doctors who need to acquire additional training or experience which was not available on their Higher Specialist Training programme. The additional training provided exposes graduates of the Irish postgraduate training programmes to subspecialties and advanced clinical skills.
These 12 month posts offer:
- A structured educational experience designed to deliver the requirements of a particular subspecialty which are not readily available within HST
- A supervisor with authority and accountability for the fellowship post
- Opportunities for audit and research
- An enhanced salary
- Design a quality fellowship proposal
- Engage with CPsychI (or other PGTs in the case of a collaborative fellowship), to agree the oversight, approval and certification of the fellowship.
- Submit the completed fellowship proposal through the application form to CPsychI
- For the applications that are awarded the Aspire Post CSCST Fellowships, the final stage involves recruiting a suitable candidate to commence in July 2022
CPsychI, working with the HSE, will review the submissions and identify the eligible Aspire Post CSCST Fellowships for July 2022.
The principal considerations will be:
- Quality of the fellowship proposed
- Identified unmet patient need
- Specialty and service priorities
- The potential benefits to the Irish health service and patients.
- Fellowships which support the delivery of COVID services
Geographic distribution will also be taken into consideration.
Following confirmation of the available Fellowships the Postgraduate Training Body will oversee a competitive recruitment process to identify incumbents for July 2022.