National Basic Specialist Training Programme
Applying to Basic Specialist Training
Applications now open | Apply by 13 December 2019, 5PM
We are currently accepting applications for the Basic Specialist Training programme in Psychiatry commencing July 2020. The deadline to apply is 13 December 2019, 5PM.
Please note that the application process has changed from previous years and applicants will now apply online through the website. POSTED PAPER COPIES OF APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
It is important that you read the ‘Guidelines for Applicants‘ and have all accompanying documentation ready for upload with the application form before you commence completing your application. The Blank ‘BST Candidate Appraisal Form’ can be downloaded HERE.
Information on the 9 Basic Specialist Training Deaneries and affiliated training centres can be found HERE
Please download the application form available HERE, complete it, save it and submit it electronically below. Please ensure you also upload any and all relevant accompanying documentation as required which will include some or all of the following:
- Certified copy of Medical Council of Ireland Registration Certificate [if applicable].
- An email copy from the Medical Council of Ireland attesting eligibility for entry in the Trainee SpecialistDivision of the Medical Register [if applicable].
- A certified copy of IELTS Result or OET test [if applicable].
- A certified copy of transcript of exam results from your Medical School/University must be included
- Certified copy of other degree/diplomas [if applicable].
- 2 ‘BST Candidate Appraisal Forms’ (references) (with relevant hospital stamp) must be included
- Other e.g. evidence of previous Accredited Medical Training experience