Chair: Dr Hiberet Belay Vice-Chair: Professor John Sheehan
This SIG aims to raise awareness of Global Mental Health and to explore the clinical and research applications of this field.
The SIG will work to complement the College objectives.
- The SIG will meet every three months to present and discuss ideas for research and writing as well as exploring global collaboration on mental health.
- The SIG will aim to optimise communication between members via three monthly meetings and emails.
- The SIG will have a Chair and Vice Chair.
- This SIG will aim to raise awareness of Global Mental Health and to explore the clinical, educational and research applications in this field. The SIG will aim to submit contributions for the CPsychI Spring and Winter meetings every year, and other relevant specific meetings in Ireland and worldwide.
- Global opportunities for service development, exploration of different models of care; and collaborative opportunities will be explored on the principles of mutual partnership and benefit and due respect to the autonomy and context of Global partners.
- The SIG will aim to collaborate with other relevant national and international professional organisations, such as the Global Health Programme of the HSE and various international universities delivering modules on Global Mental Health.
- The SIG will work and explore the upcoming issues of climate change, eco distress and climate anxiety and drivers of migration. As an upcoming and critical issue affecting Global Health this SIG will explore impacts of climate change and its impacts on mental health, advice engage and advocate on this issue.
- In the longer term, the SIG will aim to produce statement papers on various Global Mental Health and on healthcare strategy.
- In the longer term, the SIG will aim to develop research proposals and projects.
Dates of upcoming meetings in 2022
- 1pm on Tuesday, 15th February
- 1pm on Tuesday, 17th May
- 1pm on Tuesday, 27th September
- 1pm on Tuesday, 6th December
College Faculty/SIG and committee meetings can garner 1 internal or external CPD credit per meeting up to a maximum of 10 credits per PCS year.
To contact the group
To contact the group or if you would like to join, please email Helen Murray, email@example.com or call (01) 6618450.