Winter Conference 2022 NCHD Call for Abstract Submissions
The Call for Abstracts is now closed. Results will be emailed to all presenting authors before Monday 19th September.
Requirements for submitting your abstract:
1. Only submissions of research studies, full clinical audit cycles and case report series will be given consideration. Results must be included in your submission.
2. Please complete the online abstract submission form strictly before 5pm on Thursday 1st September 2022. Late submissions will not be considered.
3. You must be a member of CPsychI or RCPsych or be registered on the CPD-SS scheme for 2021-2022.
4. Abstracts must be in English.
5. You must complete all fields in Section 3 of the submission form.
6. The following information must be included on the submission –
– The full name of the presenting author
– Your current appointment & place of work address (this information will be displayed on the programme if you are invited to present)
– Daytime telephone number
– All co-authors, their place of work and their email address
7. By submitting your abstract, you are confirming that all co-authors have approved the submission, they agree to your abstract being presented at the conference and appearing on the College website.
8. The abstract should not contain bibliographic references, tables or appendices
9. The abstract should be approximately 300 words but no more than 400 (count not including title/authors/declarations)
10. You must make a declaration indicating all sources of financial sponsorship of the study.
11. You must declare if ethical approval has been granted for this study. If so, state which Ethics Committee and date of approval. NOTE: Ethics approval is required for all research studies
12. If the abstract relates to clinical audit, you should indicate if permission to carry out the audit and present results has been given by the relevant clinical director/health care manager.
NOTE: Permission is required for all clinical audits
13. If the abstract involves a case report, you must declare if the patient has given consent. Case reports must not contain information which could identify a particular patient.
NOTE: Consent is required for all case studies.
14. Please declare if you have previously submitted the same data set elsewhere and state where it was presented.
Please note that all submitted abstracts will be subject to a selection process based on the above requirements. If your abstract does not meet these requirements, your abstract may not be selected for presentation.