Spring Conference 2021 Call for Abstract Submissions
The College of Psychiatrists of Ireland invites abstract submissions from all non-consultant psychiatrists for Poster Presentation. Some consideration can be given to submissions from interns.
Submissions by consultants will be considered on a display only basis subject to availability. Applicants will be informed whether their abstract has been accepted or not before Monday 15th February. The posters will be displayed online on both days of the conference.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ ALL REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT.
Requirements for submitting your abstract:
1. Please complete the online abstract submission form strictly before 5pm on Thursday, 28th January 2021. Late submissions will not be considered.
2. You must be a member of CPsychI or be registered on the CPD-SS scheme for 2020-2021.
3. No more than 3 submissions will be considered per presenting author.
4. Abstracts must be in English.
5. You must complete all fields in Section 3 of the submission form.
6. The following information must be included on the submission:
– The full name of the presenting author
– Your current appointment & place of work address (this information will be displayed on the programme if you are invited to present)
– Daytime telephone number
– All co-authors, their place of work and their email address must be included in the original submission.
7. By submitting your abstract, you are confirming that all co-authors have approved the submission, they agree to your abstract being presented at the conference and appearing on the College website.
8. The abstract should not contain bibliographic references, tables or appendices
9. The abstract should be approximately 300 words but no more than 400 (count not including title/authors/declarations)
10. You must make a declaration indicating all sources of financial sponsorship of the study.
11. You must declare if ethical approval has been granted for this study. If so, state which Ethics Committee and date of approval. NOTE: Ethics approval is required for all research studies
12. If the abstract relates to clinical audit, you should indicate if permission to carry out the audit and present results has been given by the relevant clinical director/health care manager.
NOTE: Permission is required for all clinical audits
13. If the abstract involves a case report, you must declare if the patient has given written informed consent. Case reports must not contain information which could identify a particular patient.
NOTE: Consent is required for all case studies.
14. Please declare if you have previously submitted the same data set elsewhere and state where it was presented.
Please note that all submitted abstracts will be subject to a selection process based on the above requirements. If your abstract does not meet these requirements, your abstract may not be selected for
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Jennie Dalton on email@example.com.