Welcome to the College Events and Courses section. The College develops and hosts a wide portfolio of educational events and courses for specialists, trainees and the general public to name a few. Bringing together expertise and insight College events and courses provide an opportunity to share knowledge and experience in the field of psychiatry and beyond.
Spring Conference 2021
25th & 26th March
Spring Conference 2021 Topics & Speakers
Day 1 – Thursday
- Treatment Resistance in Psychosis – Prof Fiona Gaughran
- Epigenetic in Psychiatry – Dr Marta di Forti
- The RCPsych Neuroscience Project – Dr Wendy Burn & Dr Gareth Cuttle
- Autism across all ages – Dr Grainee McAlonan
- Intersection between autism, mental health & law – Dr Anthony Kearns, Dr Elissa Dooley, Mr Adam Harris
Day 2 – Friday
- Pallative Care in Dementia – Dr Liz Sampson & Dr Regina McQuillan
- The Lighthouse Programme – Gerry Byrne
- ‘After the golden age, what is medicine for?’ – Prof Seamus O’Mahony
- Mental Illness or Mental Disorder – Prof Tom Burns
The College holds two flagship Conferences a year – in Spring and Winter – covering national and international topics in psychiatry and other areas, usually, but not exclusively, with a specific theme. Providing the opportunity for members and trainees to mix and reconnect with peers the conference is run over two days with a combination of CPD accredited keynote speeches, plenary and parallel workshop style sessions. Development of the programme is led by the Vice President with a team of members.
Hot Topics is a series of CPD approved meetings, organised by CPsychI to run one Thursday evening a month from September to April. Hot Topics meetings offer two presentations over two hours, with two CPD Credits. Many of the meetings are recorded and available to college members as CPD approved eModules. Find out more about our Hot Topic series here.
College CPD Events
Our CPD approved events supports the professional development of qualified psychiatrists, offering a wide variety of programmes, workshops, and webinars. Our aim is to inform psychiatrists of what they need to maintain professional competence as well as developing continuing educational programmes for them with a variety of event and courses such as one day conferences or short hot topic sessions.
External Affairs & Policy Events
Upcoming College Events
|11 February||View Details|
|26 February||View Details|
|01 March||View Details|
|25 - 26March||View Details|
|01 January||View Details|