National Clinical Lead – National Clinical Programme for Comorbid Mental Illness and Substance Misuse
National Clinical Lead
National Clinical Programme for Comorbid Mental Illness and Substance Misuse (HSE link here)
Job Posted: Tuesday, 22nd January 2019
Closing Date: Thursday, 7th February 2019
The establishment of the National Clinical Programmes, in partnership with the Forum of Post Graduate Training Bodies and relevant Colleges, supports this development. These National Clinical Programmes will provide the change leadership required to:
- Develop models of care, national guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOP), care pathways, decision support algorithms, and performance metrics which can support integrated practice units and comprehensive knowledge management.
- Support local implementation of best practice and provide a sustained focus on quality improvement, resource utilisation and quality assurance, in the medium to long term.
- Identify and support the implementation of innovative solutions that will deliver measurable improvements in access, quality and resource utilisation.
- Provide effective communication to stakeholders within and outside the HSE.
- Support the design and implementation of a transparent resource allocation model.
- Support the implementation of a prospective funding programme with respect to the provision of Clinical Programme information to facilitate alignment with coding requirements.
- Provide strategic input so that service delivery meets the needs of patients in a safe and effective way.
Duration of post
The current terms and conditions of the successful candidate will be retained. The term of office will be for a one year period renewable for a second year.
Tel: 01 6352253
Interested Parties should apply to:
Dr. Siobhan Ni Bhriain, National Clinical Advisor and Group Lead, Mental Health
Tel: 01 6352253